Without the aid of a sewing machine, which in hindsight would of made the project a lot easier, I decided that upholstering the dining chairs would be the first order of business in the new place. They were just the ugliest set of chairs I think I’ve ever seen. Nothing pretty about them. So I set off to find some fabric and found a lovely floral pattern and a matching blue for the base. I used a staple gun ( well two, as the first one proved to be a bit temperamental) to staple the fabric onto the base of the chair, then cut out a cover for the front of the chair, then stapled it round the back and then covered the rest with hand sewing it round the edges. Sure, sure it sounds all a bit fiddly, but as I haven’t got round to investing in a sewing machine, this was the best way I could think of. For a first attempt and nothing to guide me, I’d say I did a pretty good job!
I will post the set when I complete the final chair.